APPLICATION SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS CHECKLIST
You will be asked to upload the following documents as part of your complete application. Please send PDFs ONLY.
- Essay #1 (400-600 words): Tell us about yourself, including your academic and career goals, hopes and dreams for the future.
- Essay #2 (400-600 words): Choose ONE for the following:
- Tell us something that is meaningful to you and how this helps to define who you are.
- What has been the greatest challenge you have faced, either personally or academically? How did you approach it? What did you learn?
- Describe a memorable experience that inspired you in some way related to your academic or career goals. What impact did it have on you?
- Most recent transcript(s) of grades (including grading scale); unofficial transcripts are accepted
- Copy of SAT or ACT scores
- Copy of your and/or your parents’/parent’s most recent Federal Income Tax statement (short form).
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). To obtain SAR, visit:
The following should be sent directly from one teacher and one adult on letterhead in PDF format to email@example.com
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well (i.e. coach, employer, pastor, etc.)
DATES & DEADLINES
Application due date – March 17, 2019 (Sunday)
Interviews of Finalists – Week of April 25th
Award Notification – Week of April 22nd
Public Announcement – May 4, 2019 (Saturday) at KACF-SF Annual Gala | Final two awardees will be announced at our Annual Gala.